Today this post will help you to install MongoDB in Windows 32 bit environment.
- Just download the required mongodb installation package or .msi from Official MongoDB site where you will get the latest version.
- Then manually create db folder in c:\ drive like
- Go to mongodb installed path from there you open command prompt then type
- if successful then there you can find
I NETWORK [initandlisten] waiting for connections on port 27017
- if you face anything kind of issues like “Exception initAndListen” and MongoDB can not start server… then you can do as given below instructions.
C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\3.2\bin>mongod –storageEngine=mmapv1 –dbpath C:\data\db
The above line depicts to map the db folder.
- Yay. Then there you can go!!! Finally you will get the “waiting for connections message”.
- If you want to see your available databases in locally, then use the below command by keep opening the already existing command prompt.
C:\Users\srini>mongo Message will be : MongoDB shell version: 3.2.3 connecting to: test Welcome to the MongoDB shell.
- Again if you face issue like “mongo” is not recognized as an external or internal command, then time to set the Environment variable to Path.
Go to Control Panel -> System and Security – > Advanced Settings-> Environment Variable-> select Path and Edit to add
“;C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\3.2\bin\” click ok.
- Now try you can get the MongoDB Shell version Message…
That’s it guys.
Hope it helped you. Thank you.
Share your comments.